Date posted: September 12, 2023
Headlight Consulting Services plans to hire a collaborative and experienced Senior Training and Facilitation Specialist to support the design and delivery of capacity development and training to USAID staff.
Headlight Organization Overview
Founded in 2018, Headlight Consulting Services, LLC delivers data-driven decision-making to its partners through robust strategy design support, in-depth monitoring, evaluation, and learning technical services, and facilitated organizational change processes. Headlight brings expertise in qualitative methods, systems-thinking, utilization-focused MEL, emergent methods such as developmental evaluation, evaluation policy design, organizational development, and much more. Headlight offers fit-for-purpose, agile solutions to improve the efficiency and efficacy of development programs around the globe, focusing on the structures and systems that enable sustainable solutions.
Summary of Position
The Senior Training and Facilitation Specialist will be a fully embedded member of the Worldwide Training Services team and responsible for leading the development and delivery of training and professional development for the newly established USAID Bureau for Planning, Learning and Resource Management (PLR). The Senior Training and Facilitation Specialist will contribute expert facilitation and instructional design skills to the Worldwide Training Services team. This position is open only to US citizens willing to work in the Eastern timezone.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of training and professional development for PLR and the Program Officer Cadre.
- Provide technical assistance and advisory services in course design and delivery for Instructor Led and Web Based Training (ILT/WBT) training and curriculum, primarily covering material on USAID’s program cycle.
- Serve as a content expert for professional development training requests made by the PLR team.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the international development field, including at least 5 years of experience working with USAID
- 5 years of experience in organizational development, adult learning, and/or capacity building
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with: designing training courses using best practices in adult learning; developing use-focused training and job aids; facilitating training courses, workshops, and other reflection events; working with clients to translate capacity development needs into effective training plans.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s Program Cycle
- Understanding of USAID processes and experience with leading training for USAID audiences, experience working with PPL and/or knowledge of USAID Program Office functions preferred.
- Experience designing and assessing human and institutional capacities.
- Strong client management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills
- Comfort with change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including experience with terms of reference preparation.
- Visual design skills, including PowerPoint
- Experience with hybrid (virtual & in-person) and fully virtual facilitation.
- Understanding of and experience with Collaborating, Learning and Adapting approaches.
Headlight offers full-time employees a competitive salary package, including a 35-hour work week, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, health insurance coverage, an office and professional development allowance, and more.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a CV and Cover Letter that highlights experience aligned with the requirements above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line of your email “Senior Training and Facilitation Specialist”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Headlight Consulting Services, LLP follows all state and federal laws and is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Headlight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.