Headlight Organization Overview
Founded in 2018, Headlight Consulting Services, LLP delivers data-driven decision-making to its partners through robust strategy design support, in-depth monitoring, evaluation, and learning technical services, and facilitated organizational change processes. Headlight brings over 60 years of combined experience in international development and expertise in qualitative methods; systems-thinking; utilization-focused Collaborating, Learning, Adapting, Monitoring, and Evaluation (CLAME); emergent methods such as developmental evaluation; organizational development; and much more. Headlight offers fit-for-purpose, agile solutions to improve the efficiency and efficacy of development programs around the globe, focusing on the structures and systems that enable sustainable solutions.
Summary of Position
Headlight Consulting Services seeks consultant(s) to provide short-term CLAME support to ongoing projects. This is a part-time (20-30 hours/week) and remote position that will report to the Director of Strategic Learning in the Washington, DC area. Although not required, the ability to work on East Coast time zones, and occasionally earlier, is preferred.
The CLAME consultant will be responsible for a variety of tasks, depending on need, but which are likely to include the following outlined responsibilities in support of ongoing Headlight projects:
- Conduct qualitative analysis (including data coding) on existing documentation, provided data sets, and newly collected data
- Draft findings, conclusions and recommendations, based on qualitative analysis
- Contribute to drafting reports or other learning products, based on analysis
- Participate in data collection efforts by conducting interviews and/or facilitating focus group discussions
- Assist with logistics in organizing data collection efforts
- Maintain trackers on progress
- Contribute to individual and team workplanning and coordination
- Regularly participate in team communications to maintain consistency and quality assurance throughout data collection and analysis
- Provide quality assurance of all deliverables
- Master’s in Political Science, International Relations, or related disciplines; or a Bachelor’s and an additional 3 years of experience in qualitative analysis.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in international development and/or monitoring and evaluation or CLA-related roles.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative data analysis and associated applications required. Experience with quantitative data analysis is advantageous but not required.
- Experience conducting literature reviews.
- Experience with facilitation and/or designing and leading workshops is advantageous but not required.
- Familiarity with USAID’s organizational structure, program cycle, and operating context is advantageous but not required.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a CV and Cover Letter that highlights experience aligned with the requirements above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line of your email “Short-Term CLAME Assistance.”
Headlight Consulting Services, LLP follows all state and federal laws and is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Headlight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.